Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Pattern Recognition Film?

... I don't regard films of novels as being the ultimate form in which a novel may be lucky enough to manifest. I regard *the novel* as the ultimate form in which the novel manifests. And if I should suspect that you think otherwise, I'm liable to snap at you.

William Gibson is one of my favourite authors and thinkers and one of the best recent novels that I've read is his Pattern Recognition. Gibson has blogged in the past and now he's blogging again due to the political situation that has been unfolding the past few years in the United States. A non-political post today stating that MEDIA DOES MATTER brings word of a possible screen version of his novel being developed by Peter Weir.

(Via Gibson Blog.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home